In Oregon, There's a Place For You
In Oregon, there's a place for you.
Oregon Community School District 220 is located in Ogle County in Northern Illinois with the campus in the town of Oregon. It’s a place where parents feel safe, families know one another, and local parks are a second home.
Our two school buildings serve over 1,400 students pre-K through 12th grade. Our district’s goal is to create a rigorous learning environment while ensuring every student finds success. We provide a traditional school setting blended with dynamic programs that meet a wide range of student needs and interests.
In Oregon, there’s a place for you.
In addition to a traditional K-12 setting, the Oregon School District offers educational programs to foster success in school and beyond:
- Advanced Placement and dual credit curriculum: Close to one year of college credits can be earned before high school graduation.
- Vocational opportunities: Oregon partners with Whiteside Area Career Center to provide hands-on technical experience.
- Spread your wings: Innovative classes encourage students to make a lasting impact on the community while gaining valuable real-world experience.
- Life-long skills: Programs in each school embed mentorship, initiative, social / emotional wellbeing, and self-reflection.
- Extra help: Through a host of interventions, students falling behind academically get personalized attention so no one slips through the cracks.
- Numerous performances showcasing student talents
- Art, choir, and music students recognized regionally and statewide for excellence
- Bi-annual school trips to Europe are offered to study art and architecture
- The Illinois State Board of Education has recognized 23 people and programs in Oregon schools as “Those Who Excel” in public education since 2012
- Student / teacher ratio is 16:1
- 97% graduation rate
Oregon schools provide students a rich and varied experience in both the classroom and extracurricular activities.
- Oregon Park District and athletic facilities: Teaming up with OPD gives our athletes and PE students premium facilities and a first-class outdoor track facility.
- Thriving industrial arts and agricultural programs provide students a full educational experience. Oregon holds a new state-of-the-art welding lab and two greenhouses on campus.
- Technology in the district gives students the tools needed to thrive in their coursework and prepare them for life beyond high school. Students have access to Chromebooks in the classroom, MacBook Pro computers for digital media courses, programming classes, and a 3D printer.
Part of the district’s mission is to teach students how to be productive, responsible citizens. The district offers opportunities for students to give back to the community, which enriches their educational experience while helping others.
Each student has an array of talents, goals, and challenges, and we work to ensure all students achieve their ambitions.
In Oregon, there's a place for you
For more information or to schedule a visit, contact:
Oregon Community Unit School District #220
206 S. 10th Street, Oregon, IL. 61061